Whitewater Rescue Technician (WRT-PRO)
The WRT – PRO course provides an internationally recognised qualification designed to equip outdoor professionals with the skills to perform rescues in whitewater river situations.
Highly relevant to river leaders, canoe/kayak instructors, canyon/ghyll instructors and also the benchmark rescue qualification for raft guides internationally.
Due to the intensive nature of the programme, some existing river experience is recommended to attend this programme.
We can run these programmes at any suitable location and tailor the content around your specific needs, please contact use for further details.
It is both classroom and river-based, including:
- Hydrology and water dynamics
- Introduction to technical rescue equipment
- Hazard identification & risk assessment
- Introduction to rope systems
- Swimming in moving water
- Medical considerations
- Foot and body entrapments
- Scene management
- Contact and in-water rescues
- Two and four point boat and rope system
- Crossing techniques
- Tethered rescues and livebait rescues
Pre-requisites for Attending the Course
- Confident swimming in moving water
- River/whitewater experience recommended
- Some experience in handling ropes
16th-18th April 2021