Water & Flood Awareness
Designed to provide personnel with sufficient knowledge to be aware of the hazards created by the moving water and develop an understanding of water rescue techniques.
These programmes are designed around your specific needs. We have developed an evening session for Mountain Rescue and have full day certificated awareness modules covering DEFRA requirements.
Water Rescue can also help ‘Train the Trainer’. Providing full resources including slides and trainer notes for you to deliver your own training.
- Water rescue standards
- Rescuer instruction philosophy and ‘absolutes’
- Rescuer safety
- Water and flood dynamics and hazards
- Basic swiftwater swimming and self rescue
- Flood theory
- Personal and team equipment
- On-scene safety briefing and site control
- Pre-planning and incident management
- Drowning, medical and personal welfare considerations
- Mud, ice and unstable surface considerations
Delivered at any suitable location.