Advanced Swiftwater Rescue Technician
The Swiftwater and Flood Rescue Technician Advanced Water course is for existing Rescue 3 Technicians looking at advanced rescue situations including search management in a swiftwater and flood environment.
The Swiftwater Rescue Technician Advanced is split into two modules: Water and Rope.
Current Rescue 3 Technicians wanting an advanced rescue capability in water can do the water module. Those wanting to add rope rescue including steep and vertical banks and over water technical rescue capability can do both water and rope modules.
Technicians who are working towards their SRT/WRT Instructor qualification will need to do the SRTA-Water as a prerequisite to their Instructor Training course.
Course content includes:
- Weir risk assessment and pre planning
- Advanced swiftwater swimming
- True and conditional rescues
- Night and poor visibility in water operations
- Swiftwater & flood search management
- Mechanical advantage systems
- High energy tethers
- Paddle boat handling
- Current Rescue 3 SRT Certification.