Advanced Swiftwater Rescue Technician
The Swiftwater and Flood Rescue Technician Advanced Water course is for existing Rescue 3 Technicians looking at advanced rescue situations including search management in a swiftwater and flood environment.
Rescue 3 Technicians wanting an advanced rescue capability in water can do the SRTA water module. Those wanting to add rope rescue including steep and vertical banks and over water technical rescue capability can do both water and rope modules.
Technicians working towards their SRT Instructor qualification need to do the SRTA-Water as a prerequisite to their Instructor Training course.
At advanced level, we expect participants to provide their own PPE, contact us if this is a problem.
Course content includes:
- Weir risk assessment and pre planning
- Advanced swiftwater swimming
- True and conditional rescues
- Night and poor visibility in water operations
- Swiftwater & flood search management
- Mechanical advantage systems
- High energy tethers
- Paddle boat handling
Next programme: 18rd-20th November 2022
Price: £395.00 Plus VAT
Location: South Cumbria
- Current Rescue 3 SRT certificate.